The core standards containing all of the common content for all the Australian AAS has just been released for public comment. All members of the outdoors community can now have their say about the core standards.
The release is a significant step as no matter what the adventure activity, the core standards will provide the overarching system that they all use.
It is suggested that before focusing in on what is in the core standards, you visit the Q&A section to get an overview of key issues the core standards address at www.yoursay.australianaas.org.au/core-standards/qa/ The draft core standards will be available to download in PDF or readable online via the website at www.yoursay.australianaas.org.au/core-standards
All feedback submissions will be via the website submission forms. These include:
- a general impressions survey, as well as
- the opportunity to provide detailed and specific feedback on any content or section.
Submissions close on the 30 September 2016, providing the whole of September for the outdoor sector to contribute feedback.
Have your say by:
- Get involved in the public consultation at www.yoursay.australianaas.org.au/core-standards
- Download the core standards consultation draft www.yoursay.australianaas.org.au/core-standards/download-draft/
- Provide feedback on the draft www.yoursay.australianaas.org.au/core-standards/your-say/